Monday, April 12, 2010

The Hounds Tonic

On gameday, I'm always looking for a way to get an edge and give my body that extra boost. I used to drink a Red Bull an hour before the game, but that stuff gives you a jittery energy that wears off very quickly, and the crash that follows makes you more tired than before you drank it. I recently discovered an all-natural drink that gives me tons of energy almost immediately after I drink it with no bad after-effects. It is now part of my pre-game ritual. I call it the Hounds Tonic.

Hounds Tonic
1. Equal Parts:
-Apple
-Carrot
-Beets

2. A handful of Parsley (this is critical)

3. About 2 tablespoons of lemon juice

Pass ingredients 1 & 2 through a juicer. Add the lemon juice and you have yourselves a Hounds Tonic. Also available at most good juice bars.

No comments: