Thursday, July 11, 2013

An Update on the Stumble Inn Game

Regarding our game against Stumble Inn that descended into madness, here is the latest:

  • The league has ruled that the game will be continued ONLY if the result has any bearing on the playoff standings. Right now, that is very much looking like the case.
  • I chatted with the umpire of the game, Mike, at the All-Star game. Unfortunately, his recollection of events does not fully coincide with reality. For starters, he did not remember that a run had already scored when I came across the plate. Also, he ruled that my run does not count because I acted with "malicious intent" when I collided with Stumble's guy. I can live with that ruling, but it stinks that he did not give us that run that scored before. So, bottom line, according to the ump's report, the score is 10-10 with runners on 2nd & 3rd with no outs. I of course will fight to the end to make sure that run gets credited to us, and I also hope that Mike's recollection was off and the actual report he handed in to the league the day of the incident more accurately reflects the scoreline.
  • I have been suspended for our remaining two regular season games as well as being ejected for the Stumble game. Mike intimated to me at the ASG that Stumble's guy is also ejected and suspended, but I did not ask how long he was suspended for. I am a big believer in picking and choosing your battles, and I won't press on that issue when there are other things that are more important.

No comments: